Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Community Supported Agriculture

It's been a while, and a lot has changed. Over the last few months, I've seen my dining partner off to Iraq, and it's drastically changed my cooking and eating habits. There's less pleasure for me in cooking for one. I'm hoping that is about to change, however, because I joined a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) effort this summer. This is a neat concept in my mind - people buy into the crops in shares, and then reap the rewards in fresh produce.

Tonight was the first pick-up. I got some herbs, both freshly picked and potted. I also got some lovely veggies, and my favorite...I am getting a half-dozen eggs every week for the next few months!

Here's a look at my first haul, and stay tuned...I'm hoping this inspires me to feed myself well...













1 comment:

  1. I think that eggs are/were my favorite part of CSA! Looking forward to all your veggie sharing :)

    ReplyDelete