Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Saturday Lunch

It was a hot Saturday here, so a simple, veggie-laden lunch sounded lovely. I still had my lettuce from the CSA, and it was fresh, though not as crisp as it had been. I decided to wilt it fully over some heat, so washed the lettuce and put it in a saute pan over medium heat.

Wilting lettuce.

After about 30 seconds of stirring, I added some sliced tomatoes to the pan as well. These released so much juice that the lettuce was able to cook a little slower! I adore tomatoes (these are campari tomatoes, commonly available in grocery stores - we don't have local tomatoes yet!) and put them in a lot of my food.


After cooking down the tomatoes for a few minutes, I added some pesto and a few slices of prosciutto, torn up. I sauteed this together for about two minutes.


While this did involve the stove top on a hot day, the entire cooking time was less than 10 minutes, and the flavors and colors were beautiful. It was such a lovely lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment