Monday, July 19, 2010

Eggplant Krapow

There was so much good food from the CSA, I had to cook a vegetarian meal. I decided to utilize some of the eggplant , and use a preparation similar to the Drunken Noodles I made a few weeks ago! I started, as always, by cutting and chopping all the vegetables so they were ready to go.


The chiles and garlic, ready to go.

Once ready, I sauteed the chiles and garlic in some sesame oil. When softened and fragrant, I added some sauce, stirred for a minute, and then added in all the vegetables.

I stirred them into the mixture and flipped them in the pan a few times, then allowed them to cook through, stirring occasionally.

When the vegetables were softened and cooked, I added a smidgen of sugar, some kaffir lime leaves and some fish sauce. I stirred all of this together, allowing the sauce to thicken a little and coat all the vegetables.

Last, I added the Thai basil to the pan, stirring it into the hot mixture to wilt the leaves.

The mixture was fragrant and steamy, as I plated it. As I'd considered, I lessened the amount of sauce ingredients, as the saltiness was overpowering last time, and increased the garlic and chiles. This time, the plate was a perfect meld of tang, salt and heat.

2 comments:

  1. Isabelle was right... I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See!

    I'm going to try to make the Drunken Noodle this week..

    ReplyDelete