Thursday, June 24, 2010

Greens are Good for You!

This week, I arrived a little later than I have been to pick up my CSA veggies from Bull Run. Because it was later, he had run out of the limited supply of cherry tomatoes, eggplant, cauliflower and broccoli (the latter two did not concern me...). Because of this, he gave me an extra half dozen eggs and told me to take as much of the Thai basil and as many of the garlic scapes as I liked!

In addition to those, I got some BEAUTIFUL baby onions, more fresh basil (of the Italian variety), a few springs of Oregano, and some salad greens. I also got two potted calendulas. I put them in a larger ceramic planter I have at home, out on my balcony. I've been impressed that I have kept the basil and cilantro alive thus far, but am skeptical about my abilities to keep these plants all alive for the long haul...we shall see!

Stick around...there's more to come, and I will continue my endeavor to use ALL the vegetables I get every week!

Baby Onions

Salad Greens and Garlic Scapes

Thai Basil, Oregano and Salad Greens

No comments:

Post a Comment