Friday, July 16, 2010

The Italian Job

Some nights there is too much to do to spend much time on dinner. On such nights, the preparation work I've done earlier in the week comes in very handy! I quickly cooked some angel hair pasta, which only takes a few minutes. While the pasta cooked, I sliced a clove of garlic and cut up two tomatoes.


When the pasta was done, I drained it, leaving a little of the pasta water in the saucepan, and added a bit of olive oil. I added the tomatoes and garlic and sauteed them until they softened. Then I stirred in some of the pesto I had in the fridge.


I then added the pasta to the mixture, and stirred in two spoonfuls of ricotta cheese. As I stirred it together, the cheese melted into it and the pesto coated the pasta. It smelled great. I added a little salt and fresh ground pepper to season it, and then served it up!



While it was a quick dinner, it still tasted fresh, flavorful and filling. I'll have to use this combination again!

No comments:

Post a Comment