Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just Peachy

This week, the CSA email that came was the most exciting in a while - FRUIT IS STARTING!!!

I arrived to a line of folks, all excited about the produce. It smelled wonderful. I wandered through, grabbing my eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber, garlic, broccoli, Italian basil and Thai basil. Then, over to the van...to get some lovely little tomatoes, and of course, I am still getting those beautiful, farm fresh eggs.


Most exciting, I got two Summer Mac apples and 11 (yes, 11!) peaches. These fruits are not huge, but boy are they pungent. The relatively short drive home filled my car with the sweet scent of fresh peaches. When I unpacked the bag, some of the peaches were so soft and juicy their nectar had run onto the basil, which made me ponder peach and basil as a combination...there is probably a good sorbet, or cocktail, or maybe both, in there!

I can't wait to peel, cut open and indulge in those peaches!


No comments:

Post a Comment