Friday, July 30, 2010

Summertime Squash!

The squash and zucchini, faithful summer vegetables, were sitting in my fridge, and just begging to be eaten. However, the awful heat makes me want to prepare things without heat. I've explored a couple recipes for a squash salad, and decided to test out the idea. I started with my beautiful yellow zucchini, and shaved it into thin slices with my mandoline (fingers intact!). I love the colors of the flesh in this beauty!


With all the shaved pieces in a bowl, I added salt, pepper, olive oil and some lemon juice and stirred, then added some crumbles of ricotta salata.


Once it had marinated just a bit, I dumped it on a plate and dug in - a delicious summer dinner, cool in the kitchen and cool on my plate. It was both aesthetically and flavorfully pleasing - just look at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment